CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tutorials

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day! - And a Challenge or Two..!


This card was inspired by and created for my wonderful friend Louise!! We meet up once a week to stamp our hearts out, chat and of course laugh alot!! This week Leigha met up with us as well. Oh what fun we had!! Louise was excited to make Leigha's St. Patrick's Pot of Gold! As we chatted a little bit about the project I said ...I love love Leigha's project it's so genius --- petal cone die -----> pot of gold!! BUT..oh no here comes the embarrassing part... i said i love making little treats and stuff BUT who makes St. Patrick's Day cards..??? then in the awkwardness of the silence i said "Louise, you like creating St. Partick's Day cards??... you did a swap last year..!! ---------So apparently Louise is Irish..hum...--yes that was a DUH! moment for me!! ; ) i think i should of known that..?

Louise, Leigha and i decided to challenge ourselves this week. Last week Leigha had fun with Stampin' Royalty Challenge and was top 3 pick..--yeah..serously some wicked talent in that girl i tell ya!! So this week the game is on..! AND i'm in serious trouble. Me, Ms. CASER.. really had to think for a minute before i agreed to enter any challenge! I'm not good at creating from scratch. Well i defiantly can create on my own but it takes me a bit to think..! (yes make fun behind my back.... wink wink). I think it's the time...i wish i could just come up with a brilliant idea..!! I don't get much time to sit and create so casing comes easy. But really what better way to challenge ourselves!! We picked Mojo Monday 182 they provide a sketch so really you just have to get your thinking cap on and look around at all your craft products to see how you can incorporate them into the sketch design. We also thought we'd do a colour challenge from ColourQ Challenge #76. Me being bright at times thinks this is great -- i could do 2 challenges with ONE card..!! I'd have a sketch design already for me along with colours to work with..! ...HOW COULD I NOT CREATE a half decent card..right? so i said sure i'll give it a try!! I'm pretty happy with the outcome of my card.. actually pretty impressed and a little surprised at the same time..! When i saw the Colour Challenge i was inspired by Louise's Irishness and decided to create a St. Patrick's day card for her!!

I used the smallest heart on the Heart to Heart punch to create the four leaf clover. To glue it together i used the Shamrock looking punch from Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack. Once punched out i then attached the hearts to the leaf like shape parts as shown here:


I also coloured the pearl in the middle. I used a drop of reinker.. let it sit for a bit then heated it. Then let it sit to fully dry. (melted my first try with the heat gun). When it was fully dry i then sprayed hairspray on it..? hum.. i didn't have anything else crafty to help make the colour stay on. -- has anyone figure this out.. how to colour the pearls?


Hope you like... : )



Products used for this Project:
Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock: Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Old Olive, Brights DSP pack (Old Olive and Daffodil Delight)
Accessories: Elegance Embossing folder, Circles #2 Die, 2 3/8" Scallop Punch, Heart to Heart Punch, Oval punch (for stem), Pearls, Old Olive reinker, White Satin Ribbon, Red Sticky Strip, Stampin Dimensional and Distresser.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought i'd share this cute little plant Leigha brought me. She put a simple touch to it that of course WOWed me cuz i would never think of dressing up a plant!! She used the Petal Card Punch and added a ribbon, button and a cute message. Sorry i can't show you the little message inside cuz it's a super duper "private" message!! ; ) ; )
I just had to share the cuteness of the project and let her now how much she made my day and put a giant smile on my face..!! Thanks Leigha..!



3 comments:

LeAnne

Well, this is just as cute as can be....I just got this embossing folder and love how you used it in the yellow! Your little helpful hints about making the shamrock---genius! You can color pearls with Copic markers, too...but if you dont' have them, I think what you did is fine. Awesome card! Thanks for playing the CQC challenge this week!

Sylvia

What a lovely card, Natasha! Love that embossing! thanks for playing with us at the ColourQ this week.

Rochelle

Awesome use of the colors this week Natasha! Thanks for playing at the colourQ!