CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tutorials

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Wishes!


Well, we've been busy, busy, busy with Easter crafts around my house.  You'll definately want to scroll down the entire length of this post, as I'm going to be posting a couple of different projects and crafts for Easter today.


The first project I want to show you, is this Easter egg diorama card.  I first saw the idea here. I've cut cardstock into different sized ovals.  I've covered the white layer with Versamark and Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder to mimic the look of those 3D sugar eggs.  Click on the pic to really see the sparkles!




 
 The Easter Wishes sentiment is hanging in the middle of the card, and spins. (.......and, it actually DOES fold flat to fit into an envelope!!)




Products used for this project:
Stamp set: All Holidays (114916)
Card Stock: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Perfect Plum
Ink: Early Espresso (119670), Versamark Pad (102283)
Accessories:  Linen Thread (104199),  Whisper White Organza Ribbon (114319), Sticky Strip (104294), Glue Dots (103683), Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309), Floral Fusion Sizzlet (115969), Little Leaves Sizzlet (114511), Beautiful Wings Embosslit (118138), Basic Pearls Jewels (119247), Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder (101930), Heat Tool (100005).




Every year, in our home, we decorate Easter Eggs on Good Friday.  I usually do a few Ukrainian Easter eggs each year to add to my collection (or to replace those I have broken -- oops).  Here's a pic of the one I did this year.


Then I got to thinking..........hmmm.........what about dyeing eggs with Classic Ink Refills?  Basically, I squirted some of the refill ink into about half a cup of water and added 1 tablespoon of white vinegar to the solution.  I was going for really, pale eggs.  I'm sure it would have been possible to create brighter, more vibrant eggs too, with a slightly stronger solution, and more time in the dye, but I was going for a soft look.


Once they were dry, I used the Color Spritzer Tool and a Chocolate Chip Marker on them.  Didn't they turn out great? 

Products used for this project:
Classic Ink Refills:  So Saffron (105225), Marina Mist (119668), Baja Breeze (111833), and Wild Wasabi (109014).  Stampin Write Marker:  Chocolate Chip (100071), and Color Spritzer Tool (107066).




I love, love, love crafts of all types, and I am dying to share this last project with you.  I was laughing and giggling to myself while I was working on this last project.  My husband said, "What are you cackling about"?  I answered, "Natasha is going to flip when she sees this project.......she grumbled for days after I posted the jelly bean bracelet idea.  This should REALLY get her going.......... <wink, wink>.".  Plus, not to mention, that this, along with most of my projects, never seem to "fit into an envelope"......I tend to be very 3D.  This project was sooooo fun to make, and easy too.  Although my kids kept saying, are you done yet, are you done yet, are you done yet?  I told them they could dig in as soon as I got a couple of pics.  I appeased them with left over supplies :)

To make this project, you will need:  miniature marshmellows, white melting chocolate, miniature chocolate chips, chocolate covered candies (ie. raisins, peanuts, or coffee beans), oval shaped cookies, and 5/8" Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon (117289). 






Okay, so technically, this is a SU project.  There is the Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon, and there is the banner from my cupcake challenge in the background (oh dear, that didn't fit into an envelope either), and if you look very closely, there ARE those little punches from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack, along with some Pearls Jewels........see Natasha?  hee hee. 

Basically, just melt the white melting chocolate.  Dip the miniature marshmellows into it, and begin to pile them into a rough pyrimidal shape on top of one of the oval shaped cookies.  "Glue" another oval shaped cookie onto the marshmellow pile with the melted white chocolate to create the face.  Add eyes (miniature marshmellows and miniature chocolate chips).  Pinch mini marshmellows to create the ears.  Use the melted white chocolate to glue on the chocolate covered candies to create the hooves.  Lastly, (but most importantly), tie on that gorgeous Pretty in Pink Satin bow.

Hope you enjoyed these Easter projects as much as I did.  Feel free to forward your comments, or pics if you attempt any of these projects.........we'd LOVE to see them!!!

P.S.  Don't forget to check out my Mother's Day Heart Frame Tutorial here.  A tutorial to make the Heart Frame  project is available for purchase on the upper right sidebar.

7 comments:

Victoria

Some beautiful easter projects Leigha! I love how you've dyed the eggs, just wish they were solid chocolate!!
Happy easter.
Hugs, Vicky ~X~

Natasha Hein

my gosh, super cute sheep... i was wondering what the heck you were up to with those yummy cookies!! stinkin' cute!! and how rude you didn't save me one ..you baaaaaotch...LOL (ok i can't stop laughing)

Heart You!

Heather Summers

Can those sheep be any cuter??? LOVE THEM! Great card as well!! Thanks for sharing!

Louise Meissner

Ewe are so awesome, haven't seen you produce any baaaaaad work yet! Sorry couldn't resist! HAPPY EASTER!

Sandra

I LOVE your sheep!!!! The kids and I are still laughing at how cute they are!
Happy Easter!

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper

That diorama card is beyond AMAZING!!!!

Alanna

These are totally adorable and your talent is absolutely amazing, both of you! Thanks for the inspiration!